Internet network security is an important factor that needs attention, because problems at that point can spread everywhere and become bigger issues for your organization. How should you anticipate it?
The internet network within a company is a network connected to the internet that allows companies to access information, communicate with customers, transfer data, and conduct business transactions. This network usually consists of computers, servers, routers, modems, and other network devices. A properly managed internet network can help companies increase productivity, reduce costs, and provide access to the information needed to run a business smoothly.
However, once the security of the internet network is disrupted, conditions can turn around 180 degrees! An example of an internet security breach that shocked the world was the NotPetya ransomware attack in 2017. The ransomware attack infected computer networks around the world and caused billions of dollars in losses to various organizations. Companies have been affected, including big companies like Maersk and Merck, and even governments like Ukraine. These ransomware attacks pose a more serious threat to network security, which requires companies and governments to take extra care in protecting their networks.
In Indonesia itself, such cases are not uncommon. Cybercriminals in our country have mastered various manipulative techniques to attack our network security, such as:
1. SQL Injection: One of the common methods used to carry out Internet network security attacks in Indonesia is the SQL Injection technique. It is a technique used to manipulate database queries used by a system. Attackers can use queries to obtain sensitive information or modify data and produce detrimental results.
2. Cross-Site Scripting (XSS): Cross-site scripting is also a fairly common attack technique. This allows attackers to insert malicious code into websites or web applications used by companies. This code can allow attackers to access sensitive information and manipulate data.
3. DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service): A type of attack that targets a network or server and sends excessive network traffic with the aim of hindering normal user access. These attacks can cause significant damage to affected networks and servers.
How should we protect the organization's network from this unwanted thing? There are three things we can do:
1. Install a Firewall: Install a firewall to control access to your network. A firewall will help you control access to your network, as well as filter unwanted and dangerous traffic.
2. Use a VPN: A VPN (Virtual Private Network) allows you to connect your computer and network to other networks through a secure connection. By using a VPN, you can secure your data from outside attacks.
3. Regular Updates: Be sure to make regular updates of all systems on your network. Updates will help you keep your network safe from malicious threats.
Consult your internet network security with those who are experienced in this field - contact Telkom DWS now!
Was this information helpful?
TALK TO US